Monday, November 5, 2007

Quarter 1 post

Finally, quarter 1 is done.
I did well in this class and am proud of my grade, I learned a lot about writing effective thesises and how to successfully support them in my essays. I also learned a lot about movie direction and how to analyze photographs. That was very interresting. I am still struggling on how to organize a body paragraph and how to write topic sentances that aren't repetitive. The class environment is excellent. It's fun and the way the desks are set, you can see everyone. To further stregnthen my learning in class, I can get more effective peer reviewing and actually listen to thier advice to improve my writing. For quarter 2 I want to get a perfects score on my essay and and make my thesises less listy.
Overall, things went pretty well. During the first few days of school I was a wee bit overwhelmed by my lack of knowledge on essay writing and the expectations that Mrs. Froehlich had, but now that my skills have improved I am ready to write the 12 paragraph essay that is due next quarter.

5 comments:

Steph said...

I also think having peer opinions has been very effective. Having other people read my drafts has really helped me to smooth the rough edges out. I think the learning enviornment is great too. Good Work!

The Magical Unicorn said...

ALLO!
agreed. Peer editing stuff is nice, because you know what you need to imrove on!! Good work lauren! you did super on the memoire and you worked really hard this quarter!!! YAY!!!
~ashley

Mounica said...

Peer editing is really helpfull. I agree but some people aren't taking it seriously and it really hasn't benefitted me that much. Though I do agree with you on the thesis issue. I was soo confused for the Summer Reading Essay. I had to get so much help from Ms. Froehlich and I still think that it is listy. But anyway, good job!

Anne Erickson said...

When I was writing my blog I forgot to mention the analyzing photography part of the quarter, so I'm glad you mentioned it. That was very interesting. I relate to what you said about making a thesis sound listy, I definately need to break that habbit. Yay Lauren!

Ms. Froehlich said...

It's really great to hear that people are truly and effectively helping each other with their writing. Remember Lauren, your research paper isn't necessarily 12 paragraphs long! Anyhoo - keep up the excellent effort and all will be well in the world of EE10!